ZOOM

ZOOM

Monday, March 30, 2015

Cafe ZOOM

Being a big fan of ZOOM, I always wanted to try things they did on the show. Usually I did things that required materials we already had in my house, like with cafe ZOOM I would make recipes that seemed easy or if I had the ingredients. Drink recipes were always the easiest. I made homemade lemonade, that's pretty self explanatory. Ticklish Tea was just orange juice and ginger ale, I liked that. One thing I tried that I wouldn't have thought of was Island Milk. It was milk and orange juice mixed together. I remember Shing Ying made it, and said that it may sound gross, but it was actually good. I thought, "Why not?" and made it. It was really good, actually! I made it a few times. Some snacks that I tried were cinnamon snails, which were easy to make and I thought they were fine. Similar to that was Cinnamon toast which was also really good and simple. I made a variation of Bruschetta without basil or garlic that was nice. I made a sorbet, but I didn't have strawberries at home so I made it with peaches instead. I thought it came out great, I'm sure the strawberry one is even better. I made it a few times, always with peaches (I guess strawberries weren't in season whenever I made this). By far the best thing I made from ZOOM was the Zebra Cake. Even though Zoe is pictured on the website's recipe page, Lynese actually made it! It was just chocolate wafer cookies stacked with cool whip between it, and then frozen to soften the cookies. It was so delicious, I made this several times! It almost had an Oreo flavor to it. So do you remember ever making something from ZOOM? A recipe or even something else? Share it below. Also, you can friend me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009510452850

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, you're making me hungry now!! :-D
    I never made any recipes or drinks from the show, but the ones you listed sound really good, especially the bruschetta and peach sorbet!!! And I think now I may have to give Island Milk a try. ;-)
    Some other recipes the Zoomers made that sound really delicious are a peanut butter smoothie (which Jared made) and dessert pizza (made by Claudio). Also, I watched a YouTube episode recently where I think Kenny made apple cake or something like that. (Yum!) All of those are on YouTube, and probably on the website if you're wondering. ;-)
    *Sunny
    P.S. Sorry this comment was so long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first season, does anyone remember when Keiko makes yogurt parfaits? I do, from a LONG time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I may have caught the end of that one (where they all sample it) before watching Dragon Tales in 1999, and it got me hooked on ZOOM. Like I said, I'm probably imagining this, but I do know that episode, 120 aired in late September/early October 1999, right around when I started watching ZOOM.

      Delete
  3. I have the book "Zoom-Do's You Can Do" and it has some pretty good recipes. Some of my favorites are peanut butter cups and island milk. But my favorite is Lasagna Rollups, I remember Zoe made them in season 2 and it's something I make for parties. It's a shame kids show don't place focus on teaching kids how to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have that book? I’m wondering if you can send me some pictures from it since it has some stills from unaired season 2 segments. Season 1 had some (if not all) of it’s unaired segments released on “Party With ZOOM”, but the unaired segments from 2-7 have never been released.

      Delete